• University of Illinois, B.S., 1979, Accountancy
• University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 1982
• Illinois Leading Lawyers℠
• Closely and Privately Held Business Law
• Trust, Will and Estate Planning Law
• American Academy of Attorney-CPAs
• Illinois State Bar Association
• Northwest Suburban Bar Association
• Northwest Suburban Estate Planning Council
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Illinois CPA Society
• Schaumburg Business Association
• Lake Zurich Area Chamber of Commerce
• Wauconda Area Chamber of Commerce
Tom is a licensed Illinois and Wisconsin attorney and focuses his practice on the areas of business transactional and entity planning, property tax assessment appeals, asset protection planning, estate planning, and probate and trust administration.
He has written professional articles, and lectured on various commercial, tax, and regulatory topics for the: Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education; Illinois Manufacturers’ Association; Illinois CPA Society; American Institute of Certified Public Accountants; National Association of State Boards of Accountancy; Chicago Bar Association; Kane County Bar Association; National Business Institute; and various other groups.
Tom was appointed by both former Governor Pat Quinn and current Governor Bruce Rauner to serve on the Illinois Board of Examiners. He has also served on the Board of Directors of the Illinois CPA Society, CPA Endowment Board and community homeowners associations.
Tom was recognized by Leading Lawyers™ for his work with closely and privately held business law and trust, will and estate planning law. Leading Lawyers™ is a peer selected distinction given to less than 5% of all practicing attorneys.
Tom resides in the Northwest Suburbs with wife, Kathleen, and has three children – David, Meghan, and Emily.
Please call (847) 466-5280 to speak with Tom directly.